Saturday, September 29, 2012

Christina Perri-Distance

courtesy of YouTube

I recently listen to Christina Perri's song. I love all of her songs, especially for a thousand years, jar of heart, arms, and distance. The video music above is the officially of her MV with tittle Distance. I really like this song especially the lyric. I am sure that you guys have been listened to this song, or maybe you one of Christina Perri's fans too, just like me..haha

This song was written by herself and co-written, then produced by David Hodges. This song is the new version of track featuring with Jazon Mraz. It is the third official single which is taken from the deluxe version of her debut studio album Lovestrong (2011) which is released on March 20, 2012. This song is about loving someone at the wrong time in our life, it could be too soon, or maybe too late. However, it's about being around the one whom our heart longs for without being able to show our true feelings, without being able to tell them. Through its lyric in the part, "Please don't stand so close to me, I'm having trouble breathing, I'm affraid of what you'll see right now". From that part, it shows you about the reality for anyone who has ever fallen in love. 


As i got information from www.wikipedia.com , Perri further explained more about the background of this song: " I wrote it about being in love with someone and not being able to tell them, All of my songs are so specific. They're story in my life or something that I went through which i pull from. I wrote this about the summer of 2010. I fell in love with someone, and we had to work pretty closely together. I had to pretend I didn't like him which was the hardest thing for me because I'm not good at lying [Laughs]. The song is about the feelings and swimming in that kind of tension when you're around someone and trying to keep it cool. That's what it means for me. Instead of telling him I loved him, I wrote it to him in a song. That's where I go."

So, tonight, I want to share to you guys this song's lyric, so we can sing and feel the real meaning from this song together :))


"Distance"

The sun is filling up the room
And I can hear you dreaming
Do you feel the way I do right now?
I wish we would just give up
Cause the best part is falling
Call it anything but love

And I will make sure to keep my distance
Say "I love you" when you're not listening
How long can we keep this up, up, up?

And please don't stand so close to me
I'm having trouble breathing
I'm afraid of what you'll see right now
I give you everything I am
All my broken heart beats
Until I know you understand

And I will make sure to keep my distance
Say "I love you" when you're not listening
How long can we keep this up, up, up?

And I keep waiting
For you to take me
You keep waiting
To save what we have

So I'll make sure to keep my distance
Say "I love you" when you're not listening
How long can we keep this up, up, up?

Make sure to keep my distance
Say "I love you" when you're not listening
How long til we call this love, love, love?



Thanks to  Marta, Alexa, Sammy for correting these lyrics.



No comments:

Post a Comment