Sunday, December 30, 2012

Rurouni Kenshin Live Action

Konbawaaa!!! I just finished watch Rurouni Kenshin Live action for the second time,,aahahaha. Aaa, I really adore this manga (and also the anime) since I was in elementary school, that's why I was really curios with the live action version :)
Yokattaaaaaa,,finally I got copy of this movie from mas Iyak @Nichi666 last night, big thanks to him :)

Credit: Google

Credit:Google

Pictures above are the cover of the Ruroken-Rurouni Kenshin Movie (Live Action). This movie was produced based on manga series by Nobuhiro Watsuki. The manga was appeared for the first time in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump from April 11, 1994 to November 4, 1999. The story is about a fictional assassin named Kenshin Himura who becomes a wanderer to protect the weak people. Kenshin was famous with the name of Hitokiri Battosai (Batosai si pembantai), then after participated in Bakumatsu war, he was decided to start over his life as a wanderer (Rurouni). Then when he was arriving in Tokyo in the 11th years of Meiji (1878), he meets a young woman named Kaoru Kamiya, who's in the middle of fight with a murderer who claims to be the Hitokiri Battosai. Kenshin decided to help her and defeats the fake Battosai, then after discovering that Kenshin is the real Battosai, Kaoru offers him a place to stay at her dojo,  because she was noticed that actually Kenshin is peace loving and not cold-hearted as his repution for this long time. Kenshin accepts the offer and begin to establish the lifelong relationship with many people such as Sanosuke Sagara (a former Sekiho army member), Yahiko Myojin (an orphan from a samurai family), and a beautiful doctor named Takani Megumi. However he should be deals with some of his enemies (the new and old one), including the former leader from the Oniwabanshu, Shinomori Aoshi, and his rival from the Bakumatsu Saito Hajime. 

Oya, I almost forget to mention who was staring in the movie. Takeru Sato was played as Kenshin Himura, then Kaoru Kamiya was stared by Emi Takei, then Megumi Takani played by Yuu Aoi, for the Sanosuke Sagara role played by Munetaka Aoki, Yahiko Myojin played by Taketo Tanaka, Kanryu Takeda stared by Teruyuki Kagawa, Hajime Sato played by Yosuke Eguchi, then Jinei Udo stared by Kouji Kikkawa. The original soundtrack of this movie is from One Ok Rock with tittle The Beginning. Kind a good song, suitable with Kenshin condition who wants start over and have new beginning of his live :)

Related with the live action version, in the beginning, the movie told story about Hitokiri Battosai when he was participating in the Bakumatsu war, and decided the new life as wanderer. To make the movie short, the director directly introduced Megumi, Kaoru, Yahiko and Sanosuke in the movie. Then the rivals that should be faced by Kenshin are
Kanryu Takeda and Oniwabanshu which is according to the manga should be lead by Aoshi Shinomori (but unfortunately Aoshi Shinomori wasn't appear in this movie-I don't even know the reason), then the last scene of this movie is when Kenshin should face Jinei Udoh who being comrades of Oniwabanshu and help Kanryu Takeda, to save Kaoru who has been kidnaped by Jinei.

If we try to compare the live action with the manga or anime, then it's gonna have big difference, as we know that the part where Kenshin should be faced fight with Oniwabanshu and Jinei was in different episode/series,  beside that the first appearance of Hajime Sato is to defeat Kenshin Himura as Hitokiri Battosai, but then when we saw the movie, Hajime Sato there was being a comrades of Kenshin to catch Kanryu Takeda, but yeaaah, however, finally, I realized that it was impossible to cover all of manga series into a movie that only has duration for 2 hours and 15 minutes. So, the point that I see here is Kenshin Himura with his amazing swordsmanship skill and yaaaps, a little romance between Kenshin and Kaoru :')

Look back at the year of 2010 when the rumour of actor who would played as Kenshin in the LA was decided will be played by Takeru Sato, I was one of the million fans of this manga that dislike and disappointed with that decision, since I think Takeru Sato was played bad as Koyuki Tanaka in Beck Live Action. Because of Ruroken is my most favorite manga, I hope that someone better than Takeru Sato gonna played this role (maybe such as Kamenashi Kazuya) but then now, after I watched the LA, I realized that Takeru Sato could played as Kenshin Himura well, even his acting wasn't perfect, I mean, I found out that Sato can't catch up Kenshin gesture when he was depressed and his expression when he was angry like in manga, but however I still apreciate his effort that has been succed played the swordsmanship actions that made me "nganga" and really like to replay those scenes :) That is why the best part of those scenes that being my favorite is when Kenshin faced the brandals of Kanryu Takeda to took Kaoru's Dojo. Takeru Sato was looked very cool there,,kyaaaaaaaa..hahhahaa

For the next paragraph, let me share to you another figure beside of Kenshin that being my favorite during the manga series period :P. Do you still remember Captain Sagara guys? Yups, that man is also my favorite besides Kenshin Himura. Captain Sagara's full name is Sozo Sagara. He was a leader or the captain of Sekiho Squad. Sanosuke was really admired him, Captain Sagara is a hero, and older brother for Sanosuke, that is why Sanosuke decided to using family name of Sagara from him. Captain Sagara was executed and leaving Sanosuke as one of the few survivor since the revolutionary government encounters financial problem and labeled the Sekiho Squad as fraud. So when the squad was attacked, Captain Sagara had injured and brought out by Sanosuke to the forest, but unfortunately the guards that trying to kill them can chase and cornered them in the edge of waterfall. Captain Sagara that want Sanosuke to still live, push Sanosuke into waterfall to save him and using his body to withstand the bullets that was shot by the guards. Captain Sagara  died then. They cut the head of Captain Sagara (as the prove that the leader has been killed) and remain his body in the forest. Huwaaaaa,,,I was crying at that time, can't resist my tears to came out..hiks hiks. In my mind, he was the real figure of leader. He tough Sanosuke to be a great man that will protect someone weaker than him. He was willing to sacrifice his life to protect his friends in the squad. Yes, I still admire him until now. Even the story of his live just at a glance in the manga, but it left a big memory in my mind. I remember at that time, since I really like him, I asked help from my friend Shava who are really good in drawing the picture to draw him, based on his figure in manga, then keep the picture in the binder. I think, I still have it today :) 
Howaaaaa,, don't realized that I've written to much tonight..haha. Yaah, maybe that's because I like Ruroken so much, and can't help to share to you my experience since I was young (no,no no,I still young today),,hahaha. As usual, I put the picture of the casts below with the figures in manga :)


Casts of Ruroken

Kenshin in Manga

Kenshin in LA

Kaoru in Manga

Kaoru in LA

*PS: I want to put another casts and compare it with the figures in manga, but it needs long time to find out their picture, so I decided to skip it.Hontou ni gomenasai. Please just watch the movie to know more about the casts :)

Below, I want to put the picture of Captain Sagara just as memorial :)

He's so cool, isnt he?haha :* :* :*


The last picture is,,jeng jeng jeng!!
Kenshin and Kaoru with their son, Kenji Himura

No comments:

Post a Comment